- Founding Partner
Lee Tucker is a founding partner of Mahaffey Pickens Tucker, LLP. He maintains a broad-based legal practice, currently focusing on matters in the areas of corporate law, banking and finance, civil litigation and land use. Mr. Tucker serves as "general counsel" for many of his clients.
Mr. Tucker is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the North Fulton Bar Association, the Gwinnett County Bar Association, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association. He has been identified as a member of the Georgia Trend "Legal Elite" and as an Atlanta Magazine "Super Lawyers Rising Star." Mr. Tucker is a graduate of Leadership Georgia, Leadership North Fulton, Regional Leadership Institute and Leadership Gwinnett. He is also active in several community organizations in the north metropolitan Atlanta region. In August 2015, Governor Nathan Deal appointed Mr. Tucker to the Board of Directors of the Georgia Student Finance Commission. Additionally, Mr. Tucker served as the 2016 Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce.
Prior to founding MPT, Mr. Tucker spent time as an associate with King & Spalding, LLP, an international law firm, where he specialized in private equity transactions, corporate finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, general corporate and securities matters. Prior to joining King & Spalding, Mr. Tucker served as an assistant to then-Governor Zell Miller in the Office of the Governor, State of Georgia.
Mr. Tucker received his J.D., cum laude, from the Georgia State University College of Law, where he was a member of the Georgia State University Law Review. While in law school, Mr. Tucker served as an intern to The Honorable P. Harris Hines, Justice, Supreme Court of the State of Georgia. Mr. Tucker earned a Bachelor of Arts in History from the University of Georgia.
Areas Of Practice
- Banking & Finance
- Commercial Real Estate
- Land Use & Zoning
- Georgia, 1999
- Georgia State University College of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- Major: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Georgia Student Finance Commission, Board Member, 2015 to Present
- The 1818 Club, President (2016), 2013 to Present
- Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce, Executive Committee, 2012 to Present
- Gwinnett Technical College Foundation, Board Member, 2011 to Present
- State Bar of Georgia, Member, 1999 to Present
- Gwinnett Bar Association, Member, 2001 to Present
- Greater North Fulton Bar Association, Member, 2012 to Present